GEPA is a cooperative repository, its objectives are:
- To save and preserve low use documents, ensuring their future access when needed.
- To convert room for books into room for library users.
- And doing it saving both money and space.
Which institutions are involved?
- GEPA is open to all CBUC libraries, plus others that are previously approved by the CBUC management bodies.
- The project is funded by CBUC, and Catalonia's Ministry of Economy and Culture.
Which documents can be stored there?
- Non fundamental materials
- Duplicate copies
- Unused or rarely used materials
- Documents that we believe that someday will be useful, or that a copy must be preserved.
What is done with the documents?
- GEPA provides environmental and safety conditions for the storage of documents.
- GEPA guarantees their preservation and future accessibility.
- Documents are kept maximizing the storage capacity of the facility.
Is it possible to check the documents out?
- Through the local or the collective catalogue.
- Requesting electronic copies and/or photocopies.
- Accessing the originals at GEPA or through the libraries.
How are documents used?
- Query of documents can be ordered via the information desks at libraries.
- Applications are processed within 24 hours from their receipt at GEPA.
- Also in person at GEPA facilites in Lleida.